Key expert 4: Conformity Assessment Expert
VAKAKIS AND ASSOCIATES S.A (GR) will participate in bidding for the following EU tender in consortium with AESA (BE), SGS Nederland B.V. (NL), Romanian Standards Association – ASRO (RO), Slovenian Institute of Quality and Metrology (SIQ) (SI), European Business Association (UA):
Deepening EU-Ukraine Harmonization in the Area of Technical Barriers to Trade
Start date: July 2017
Duration: 36 months
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to promote sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Ukraine, by fostering favourable trade opportunities, a thriving business climate, enhanced competitiveness and innovation, conditions conducive to the well-being and safety of population and a gradual integration of Ukraine’s economy into the European Union's Internal Market.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To contribute in creating business opportunities for Ukrainian national manufacturers and service providers, with a particular attention towards the export of consumer goods and end-services to the EU market;
- To improve the business climate in Ukraine by simplifying the system of technical regulations, and create a transparent, predictable and EU-compatible regulation;
- To support Ukrainian national authorities in the implementation of Title IV of the Association Agreement;
- To complete the Ukraine's preparation for the signature of Agreements on Conformity Assessment and Acceptance of industrial products (ACAAs) in four industrial sectors (low voltage electrical equipment, machinery, electro-magnetic compatibility; simple pressure vessels); to deliver an analysis and grounded proposals concerning sectors to be prioritised for further ACAAs;
- To prepare grounds for extending the harmonisation with the EU regulatory framework to additional industrial sectors;
- To strengthen the capacity of relevant regulatory authorities and of the institutional infrastructure for quality;
- To increase the level of market operators' awareness about the implications of AA/DCFTA implementation, and on necessary preparatory measures.
Key expert 4: Conformity Assessment Expert
Qualifications and skills
• University degree in economics, business, public administration, legal or technical sciences or equivalent (degree in other fields relevant to the project; or or at least extra 10 years of experience additional to that described below under the first paragraph related to the specific professional experience).
• Command of Ukrainian or Russian language (at least B2 level) would be an asset.
General professional experience
• Between 10 and 20 years of proven general professional experience gained after the award of a higher education diploma (in any field). A longer (beyond 20 years) general professional experience will be accepted, but will not represent an advantage during the evaluation.
Specific professional experience
• At least 5 years of proven experience (civil servant; leading technical expert or; manager of at least middle level) acquired either in regulatory authorities (national ministries, agencies, inspection authorities, etc.), or national institutions or international organisations working in the field of EU conformity assessment. This requirement refers exclusively to a full or part-time employment by relevant organisations. Consulting work will not be taken into consideration in the assessment of meeting this requirement. In case of part-time employment, only the actually worked time will be taken into account.
• At least one year of cumulative experience in consulting transition countries on conformity assessment issues.
• Experience in conformity assessment activities (as at least a middle-level manager in a conformity assessment body), or as a lead assessor will be an advantage.
The expected input of the conformity assessment expert is min. 400 man-days.
All Key Experts mobilised under this contract must:
- be proficient in English;
- have excellent communication and analytical skills;
- be capable of using modern IT technologies;
- be proficient in report drafting; and
- have excellent team working capabilities.
All key experts having had professional experience in the beneficiary ministries/institutions must have terminated their work contacts in the above said ministries/institutions on Dec 1, 2016 or earlier.
Application deadline: 10 May 2017