Key expert 1: Senior Legal Expert – Team Leader
VAKAKIS AND ASSOCIATES S.A (GR) will participate in bidding for the following EU tender in consortium with Cardno Emerging Markets, Belgium S.A (BE) and Kosovo Legal Services Company L.L.C. (XK):
Support to the Free Movement of Goods in Kosovo
Start date (provisional): 21 Aug 2017
Duration: 40 months
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
To support the Government of Kosovo to further develop its institutional capacity to create the basis for a sustainable environment for private sector development in line with the EU acquis and the SAA requirements.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
To develop Quality Infrastructure, Market Surveillance and Consumer Rights in order to improve production processes and increase quality and safety of products and services made available on the domestic market, as well as integration of Kosovo in the EU market with the elimination of unjustified technical barriers to trade and strengthening its position on the external markets.
Key expert 1: Senior Legal Expert – Team Leader – (minimum 680 working days)
• Will have overall responsibility for the implementation of the project and will be the main contact point for the EU Office, the project beneficiaries and the Contracting Authority;
• Will support the coordination between all beneficiaries;
• Will be responsible for coordinating the experts’ team in all daily activities; Organising and overseeing administrative and logistic project support;
• Will coordinate, supervise and assure quality with regards to non-key experts – should ensure that all experts provide high quality deliverables;
• Will ensure timely delivery of the reporting and will attend the Steering Committee meetings;
• Will liaise with the Beneficiary and other relevant institutions in Kosovo*, with the Steering Committee members and the Contracting Authority;
• Will provide regular and ad-hoc consultations to the Contracting Authority, the Beneficiary and the recipient institutions; propose corrective measures, when necessary;
• Will co-ordinate with the relevant civil society organisations, other donors and co-operation projects;
• Will be responsible for the component 7 "Awareness raising" and the communication and visibility of the project;
• Will supervise all legislative developments under the different components.
Qualifications and skills
• A university degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in Law or 10 years of relevant professional experiences. A Master in Law is considered as an advantage.
General professional experience
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the area of free movement of goods (in addition to the years of experience which form a substitute for the diploma in case the expert would not have the diploma required under "qualifications and skills").
Specific professional experience
• Experience in the position of team leader gained in donor-funded projects in at least 2 preferably 4 projects that pertain to free movement of goods (inlcuding metrology, accreditation, standards, market surveillance, conformity assessment and consumer protection). Only long term experiences of at least 12 months each will be counted.
• Experience in at least 2 preferably 4 projects covering the field of harmonisation or approximation or transposition of the national legislation with the EU acquis in the area of free movement of goods in countries covered by article 19 of IPA regulations (including the former IPA countries ) and/or ENI/ENPI countries and/or Central Asia countries. Only long term experiences of at least 6 months each will be counted.
All experts mobilised under this contract must:
• Have an excellent communication and analytical skills
• Have excellent team working abilities
• Be proficient in report drafting
• Have excellent written and spoken English.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
Application deadline: 20 May 2017