Key expert 4: Senior Expert – Metrology
VAKAKIS AND ASSOCIATES S.A (GR) will participate in bidding for the following EU tender in consortium with Cardno Emerging Markets, Belgium S.A (BE) and Kosovo Legal Services Company L.L.C. (XK):
Support to the Free Movement of Goods in Kosovo
Start date (provisional): 21 Aug 2017
Duration: 40 months
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
To support the Government of Kosovo to further develop its institutional capacity to create the basis for a sustainable environment for private sector development in line with the EU acquis and the SAA requirements.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
To develop Quality Infrastructure, Market Surveillance and Consumer Rights in order to improve production processes and increase quality and safety of products and services made available on the domestic market, as well as integration of Kosovo in the EU market with the elimination of unjustified technical barriers to trade and strengthening its position on the external markets.
Key expert 4: Senior Expert – Metrology (minimum 560 working days)
Qualifications and skills
• A University Degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in Metrology, in Engineering, in technical Sciences, in technology, in mathematics or 10 years of relevant professional experiences.
General professional experience
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experiences as an official, a technical expert or a manager (of at least middle level) in a national or regional authority/organization in the area of metrology (in addition to the years of experience which form a substitute for the diploma in case the expert would not have the diploma required under "qualifications and skills").
Specific professional experience
• Experience in at least 2 preferably 4 projects providing assistance and/or training in the area of Metrology gained in the public or private sector or in donor funded projects in countries covered by article 19 of IPA regulations (including the former IPA countries) and/or ENI/ENPI countries and/or Central Asia countries. Only long term experiences of at least 6 months each will be counted.
All experts mobilised under this contract must:
• Have an excellent communication and analytical skills
• Have excellent team working abilities
• Be proficient in report drafting
• Have excellent written and spoken English.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
Application deadline: 20 May 2017