VAKAKIS AND ASSOCIATES S.A. (GR) will participate in bidding for the following EIB tender in consortium with Diadkasia Business Consulting (GR, leader), Agrotec SpA (IT) and Avensa Consulting Ltd (RO):
Technical assistance to support the implementation of the "Ukraine Agri-food APEX Loan" operation
Start date (provisional): June 2018
Duration: 36 months
The overall objective of the project, which this technical assistance assignment will support, is as follows:
To support modernisation of the cereals, oilseed and aquaculture/fisheries value chains in Ukraine so as to improve resource efficiency, reduce losses and waste along the value chains, enhance product safety and quality and improve product competitiveness on national and international markets, in line with the National Agriculture and Rural Development Strategy 2015-2020.
The objective of this technical assistance assignment is therefore to support implementation of the Ukraine Agri-food APEX Loan by providing complementary services to Project participants aimed at facilitating disbursement of the loan to eligible final beneficiaries and the implementation by beneficiaries of sub-projects that address identified gaps and bottlenecks in the target value chains.
Key Expert 3: Expert in agriculture and food processing (400 working days)
Qualifications and skills
- Education to at least University Degree or equivalent in, e.g. Agronomy, Agricultural Engineering, Food Science with preference given to candidates with postgraduate study experience;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian would be an advantage;
- Computer literacy.
General professional experience
- In depth knowledge of the cereals and oilseeds sector and downstream storage, processing and trade, as evidenced by 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- 6 years of professional experience of identifying best available technologies and implementing related investment projects in the cereals and oilseed sector.
Specific professional experience
- Strong knowledge of the constraints relating to SME cereal and oilseed production and marketing in developing or transition countries, as evidenced by 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience with EU environmental and social standards and impact assessments for cereals and oilseed project development;
- Experience relevant to the project context in one or more of the following would be a distinct advantage: irrigation system rehabilitation, seed breeding and selection, crop protection from pest and climate, on farm demonstrations, agricultural and agri-food product and process certification and marketing.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities accorded to them.
Application deadline: April 15, 2018