VAKAKIS AND ASSOCIATES S.A. (GR) will participate in bidding for the following EU tender in consortium with Instituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale dell' Abruzzo e del Molise-"G.Caporale" (IZSAM) (IT) and Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe (REC) (HU)
Capacity Building for the alignment with the acquis in the areas of agriculture, rural development, food safety, veterinary and phytosanitary policy
Start date (provisional): June 2018
Duration: 30 months
The overall objective of the project is to improve the capacity of the Ministry of Agriculture and Environment Protection to manage the process of integration with the EU policies in the agriculture and food sector.
The specific project purposes are:
1. to support the process of accession negotiations in agriculture and rural development, food safety, veterinary and phytosanitary policy;
2. to strengthen Competent Authorities’ institutional and administrative capacity for harmonization of the national legislation and policies with the EU acquis, as well as their implementation;
3. to improve the communication with all relevant stakeholders in the areas of agriculture and rural development, food safety, veterinary, and phytosanitary policy
The following Non-Key Expert positions will be available in the areas of, among others:
- EU Common Agricultural and Rural Development Policy specialist;
- Agricultural policy analysis specialist;
- EU Food safety, Veterinary, and Phytosanitary Policy specialists;
- Specialist for harmonisation of national legislation with the EU acquis;
- EU accession and negotiations specialist;
- Specialist for sector strategic planning and development of sector strategic documents;
- Programming of EU assistance specialist (preparation of IPA planning/programming/operational documents, with application of sector-wide approach);
- Monitoring specialist;
- Procurement and verification specialist;
- Training specialist;
- Cross cutting issues Specialist;
- Public relations specialist;
- ICT specialists;
- Any other activities required for the implementation of the tasks.
Preferred Qualifications and skills
- University degree academic level;
- Good command of English;
- Computer literacy (command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and the Internet);
- Minimum 5 years of general professional experience;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant specific professional experience, preferably gained in Ministries of Agriculture or Paying Agencies or related public bodies in an EU Member State
Potential employment of Non-Key Experts will be on non-exlusive basis.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities accorded to them.
Application deadline: March 15, 2018