VAKAKIS AND ASSOCIATES S.A. (GR) will participate in bidding for the following EIB tender in consortium with Diadkasia Business Consulting (GR, leader), Agrotec SpA (IT) and Avensa Consulting Ltd (RO):
Technical assistance to support the implementation of the "Ukraine Agri-food APEX Loan" operation
Start date (provisional): June 2018
Duration: 36 months
The overall objective of the project, which this technical assistance assignment will support, is as follows:
To support modernisation of the cereals, oilseed and aquaculture/fisheries value chains in Ukraine so as to improve resource efficiency, reduce losses and waste along the value chains, enhance product safety and quality and improve product competitiveness on national and international markets, in line with the National Agriculture and Rural Development Strategy 2015-2020.
The objective of this technical assistance assignment is therefore to support implementation of the Ukraine Agri-food APEX Loan by providing complementary services to Project participants aimed at facilitating disbursement of the loan to eligible final beneficiaries and the implementation by beneficiaries of sub-projects that address identified gaps and bottlenecks in the target value chains.
Key expert 1: Team Leader/Expert in Agri-food Value Chain Development (600 working days)
Qualifications and skills
- Education to at least University Degree or equivalent in a field relevant to the technical assistance assignment, e.g. Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, with preference given to candidates with postgraduate study experience;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian would be a distinct advantage;
- Computer literacy.
General professional experience
- The Team Leader should have an in depth knowledge of agribusiness, preferably in the cereals and oilseed sector, as evidenced by 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience of working IFI/donor financed projects;
- 8 years of relevant international professional experience (outside the country of origin), of which 3 years in countries of the Central and Eastern Europe.
Specific professional experience
- In depth knowledge of agribusiness management, as evidenced by 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- 5 years professional experience as team leader in project / programme management (leading position) OR in a senior management position in the public or private sector;
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in developing and/or implementing agriculture / horticulture value chain development plans and/or programmes.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities accorded to them.
Application deadline: April 15, 2018