VAKAKIS AND ASSOCIATES S.A. (GR) will participate in bidding for the following EIB tender in consortium with Diadkasia Business Consulting (GR, leader), Agrotec SpA (IT) and Avensa Consulting Ltd (RO):
Technical assistance to support the implementation of the "Ukraine Agri-food APEX Loan" operation
Start date (provisional): June 2018
Duration: 36 months
The overall objective of the project, which this technical assistance assignment will support, is as follows:
To support modernisation of the cereals, oilseed and aquaculture/fisheries value chains in Ukraine so as to improve resource efficiency, reduce losses and waste along the value chains, enhance product safety and quality and improve product competitiveness on national and international markets, in line with the National Agriculture and Rural Development Strategy 2015-2020.
The objective of this technical assistance assignment is therefore to support implementation of the Ukraine Agri-food APEX Loan by providing complementary services to Project participants aimed at facilitating disbursement of the loan to eligible final beneficiaries and the implementation by beneficiaries of sub-projects that address identified gaps and bottlenecks in the target value chains.
Key expert 2: Expert in Agri-food Finance and Banking (400 working days)
Qualifications and skills
- Education to at least University Degree in Agronomy, Finance, Business Administration, or related disciplines with preference given to candidates with postgraduate study experience. Alternative professional qualifications may be accepted where supported by 8 years relevant field experience;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian would be an advantage;
- Computer literacy.
General professional experience
- In depth knowledge of the banking sector related to agricultural businesses in developing or transition countries, as evidenced by 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- 5 years of relevant professional experience in the financing of agricultural and agri-food processing/logistics investments;
- 3 years of professional experience of providing access to finance advisory services to SMEs, Mid-Caps and public sector organisations in relevant sectors.
Specific professional experience
- In depth knowledge of business management, as evidenced by at least 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- 5 years of relevant international professional experience (outside the country of origin), of which 3 years in countries of the Central and Eastern Europe;
- Additional knowledge of assignments in the cereals, oilseed and aquaculture/fisheries sectors would be of particular interest;
- Experience in providing trainings to financial institutions and SMEs, preferably in the agriculture/agribusiness sectors.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities accorded to them.
Application deadline: April 15, 2018