VAKAKIS AND ASSOCIATES S.A. (GR) will participate in bidding for the following EIB tender in consortium with Diadkasia Business Consulting (GR, leader), Agrotec SpA (IT) and Avensa Consulting Ltd (RO):
Technical assistance to support the implementation of the "Ukraine Agri-food APEX Loan" operation
Start date (provisional): June 2018
Duration: 36 months
The overall objective of the project, which this technical assistance assignment will support, is as follows:
To support modernisation of the cereals, oilseed and aquaculture/fisheries value chains in Ukraine so as to improve resource efficiency, reduce losses and waste along the value chains, enhance product safety and quality and improve product competitiveness on national and international markets, in line with the National Agriculture and Rural Development Strategy 2015-2020.
The objective of this technical assistance assignment is therefore to support implementation of the Ukraine Agri-food APEX Loan by providing complementary services to Project participants aimed at facilitating disbursement of the loan to eligible final beneficiaries and the implementation by beneficiaries of sub-projects that address identified gaps and bottlenecks in the target value chains.
Key Expert 4: Expert in Aquaculture and Fisheries (300 working days)
Qualifications and skills
- Education to at least University Degree or equivalent in e.g. Biology, Marine Biology, or other relevant discipline (e.g. specialised agronomy), with preference given to candidates with post-graduate study experience;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential; knowledge of Ukrainian and/or Russian would be an advantage;
- Computer literacy.
General professional experience
- In depth knowledge of the aquaculture and fisheries sector, including related cold chain and processing activities, as evidenced by 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience of identifying best available technologies and implementing related investment projects in the aquaculture and fisheries sector.
Specific professional experience
- 5 years’ experience in developing pond-based freshwater aquaculture operations, with preference for PPP experience in aquaculture sector development;
- Experience in aquaculture both in the private sector and in public or financial institutions would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience with EU environmental and social standards and impact assessments for aquaculture project development;
- Experience in the Central and Eastern Europe and/or Black Sea littoral states, particularly in carp and sturgeon fisheries would be a strong advantage.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities accorded to them.
Application deadline: April 15, 2018