VAKAKIS AND ASSOCIATES S.A. (GR, leader) will participate in bidding for the following EU tender in consortium with Szazadveg Economy Researcher Closed Company Limited by Shares and NGO Rural Economic Development Center 'Promo- Terra':
Rural SME Policy Support Window
Start date (provisional): 1 Sept 2018
Duration: 36 months
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
To contribute to the improvement of the quality of living conditions in rural areas for sustainable and inclusive development of the Republic of Moldova
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
To reduce economic and social disparities in rural areas through the introduction of active employment initiatives through the development of rural small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
Key expert 1: Team Leader (minimum 660 working days, of which minimum 95% in Moldova)
The Team Leader will have overall responsibility for the management of the project activities and co ordination of the work of other experts (including non-key experts) and for proper reporting to the Contracting Authority and Project Steering Committee.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree in the fields of Economics, Agriculture, Rural development or related fields of equivalent scope (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of four (4) years study in a university) or, in the absence of the required academic degree, six (6) years of professional experience in the fields, relevant to this contract, on top of the years of experience described under General professional experience below;
- Excellent English, both written and spoken;
- At least ten (10) years of general experience in the fields relevant to this contract of which at least five (5) years in rural economic development and/or rural SME development;
- At least three (3) years of professional experience working with central and/or local state bodies and/or governmental administrations and/or state agencies/organisations dealing with economic and/or private sector and/or SME development in rural areas.
Specific Professional Experience:
- Proven experience as a team leader in at least three (3) EU-funded services projects including at least one in which the expert's input was at least 660 working days during the duration of the project;
- At least five (5) years of project implementation experience in the ENI countries and/or IPA countries and/or recently acceded EU Member States (i.e. which joined the EU after 2003)
- At least five (5) years' experience as trainer and/or advisor and/or consultant providing capacity building and/or institutional-strengthening support to public institutions and organisations responsible for rural economic development and/or for rural SME development.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities accorded to them.
Application deadline: May 15, 2018